What do you mean by aortic valve?
One of the semilunar valve is the aortic valve that is situated between the aorta and the left ventricle. This tri-leaflet valve controls blood flow of the cardiovascular system. It contributes to the heart sound called S2.This important organ of our cardiovascular system can face certain abnormalities as well. So, it is important to keep our heart healthy all the time. In certain cases, when the problem increases a lot, then aortic valve replacement surgery becomes the only option to save someone’s heart. Repair of this valve then becomes very important.
What are the diseases of the aortic valve?
- Aortic valve stenosis: Caused due to the narrowing of the semilunar valve. This causes problem in the blood flows into the body and this will further lead to several problems. This happens mainly because of rheumatic fever or when people gets old. Some of the symptoms include- chest pain, heart murmur, breathing troubles like shortness in breathing, fainting problems, fatigue etc. The best option is to go for aortic valve replacement surgery. However, diagnose it first with echocardiogram and other tests that your doctor will suggest. After diagnosis, your doctor will probably will suggest aortic valve replacement surgery in India so that you can get back to living your normal life once again.
- Aortic valve regurgitation: It occurs when the valve doesn’t close properly so some of the heart will flow back into the heart itself and the bodywill then suffer from the lack of blood. The heartwill pump more for compensating this lack and this will lead to severe other disorders of the cardiovascular system of our body. Some of the causes of this disorder are aortic dissection, endocarditis, aging, birth disorder, rheumatic fever, high blood pressure, Marfan syndrome, necrosis, Takayasu arteritis, Hypertension, and syphilis. Some of the coon symptoms are: chest pain, dizziness, arrhythmia, palpitations, edema, and breathingproblemsand excessive weakness of the body. See your doctor immediately if you notice these changes in your body and start your treatment immediately. If your doctor suggests, then do your valve replacement surgery without any fail so that your heart becomes normal once again.
What is Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery?
This surgery helps in removing problems of the aortic valve that leads to the overall decrease in the health status of any individual. The aortic valve is replaced with an artificial one. This typical open-heart surgery generally uses artificial valves made from animal tissues, human tissues, and mechanical valves. The cost of aortic heart valve replacement in India is cheaper than other countries. So, don’t delay your operation for the sake of money. Try to go through it as soon as our doctor suggests it, otherwise delay can prove fatal even.
- Improve your sleep cycle. Sleep early and wake up early.
- Eat light and whatever your doctor permits. Avoid junk foods for the sake of your life.
- Maintain your blood pressure.
- Stop smoking immediately and try to keep your lungs healthy.
- Maintain your body weight as well.
- Don’t lift heavy objects for a certain period of time. Don’t drink.
- Don’t drive yourself at least for the time period your doctor tells you not to.